Sunday, March 16, 2008

From generation to generation

They are 13 and 10; my two oldest granddaughters. Both had decided that they wanted to follow our Lord in baptism. The 10 year old went first. She had written her testimony but decided to have her Dad read it for her as a few tears formed in my eyes. The pastor knelt beside her on the outside of the large hot tub they were using for a baptismal and quietly said a few words to her. Then she went under the water and back up to the applause of the congregation. The 13 year old read her own testimony, more tears and then the pastor, knealing, talked quietly with her and then she was baptized. I said a quick prayer of thanksgiving. I remember when their mother was baptized and my own baptism years before that. My parents, the great grandparents, were there also to see their great granddaughters take this step of faith. It is only through the grace of God that we experience such rare moments. It's all up to God in His sovereignty and He layed His hands on these two precious young souls who happen to be the daughters of my daughter and I praise Him for His wonderous ways.

No comments: